You have found Sophie Dahl Rocks!
As the name suggests, this site is devoted to the coolest Supermodel/Actress/Novelist/Cookery Cutie alive today - and is even semi-endorsed by the woman herself.
The site has existed, in various styles, since 2003, and you are viewing what is more or less the third/fourth variant of the site. Originally built using a website builder program provided by Wanadoo/Freeserve, the buying out of these sites by Orange, who then offered a "payment" based website service has resulted in me rebuilding the site using Blogger to avoid it running at a severe loss - this means that you will sometimes see dates on screen, or in the menu pages, but it simply means that's when the pages were uploaded, and usually no more! But, crucially, it works well.
Pretty much anything and everything you wanted to know about Sophie is here somewhere - and the site is always expanding. When it was launched, the only Sophie sites that were running seemed to concentrate purely on magazine scans, so this site was launched to try and list the magazines, movies, books and everything else that had a Sophie involvement. Furthermore, it seems to be the only fan site on the net devoted to Sophie that is still up and running and being updated whenever it needs to be.
You are currently on the home page of the main part of the site, which is home to the "Sophie-ography". It appears in five parts, differentiated by the years these pages were uploaded - effectively, stuff from 1996 to 2010, the point at which Sophie more or less retired from full time modelling, 2011 onwards until March 2012, and three sections covering April 2012 and beyond. You will see at the top right of the screen if you scroll back up, a Contents Page (and possibly, dependent on where you have "arrived" from, at the bottom of the page as well!), which you can use to navigate the site, helping you see where to find all the details about the books, magazines, movies, music videos, and much more from both the "modelling" years and the "novel writing and cookery" days. If at any point you are somewhere on the site, and want to find any of the 'other bits', click on any of the years shown or click "2015" to bring you back here.
For a real view of just how much info is here, if your browser allows you, click on the arrow next to the "2008" button, then when it appears, click the arrow next to the "July" button, then click the arrow next to the "2011" button, then when it appears, click the arrow next to the "April" button, and so on - and that will show you all of the Sophie-ography pages in one go. Depending on what mood Blogger is in, you may find that you will have to do this after clicking on a specific year, so if you are expecting a menu and don't see one, click on the arrow next to the year and then the month to get the list up on screen. The Diary Pages are also similarly afflicted!
There is also a news page, found by clicking here:
That's not all. Details of Sophie's Ad Campaigns and Magazine Covers have their own microsites, and can be found by clicking on the "2009" button. From this page, you can also access "The Diary Pages", an in-depth account of Sophie's Red Carpet activities, with photos of virtually every known Sophie "event" since 96.
Remember, this is a fan site, so it may not be 100% accurate and 100% complete - even the news pages will sometimes be a bit "behind", but I will do my best to add news when it happens as well as updating the remainder of the site as and when. Many of the pictures used are believed to be in the public domain, but for any that might not, there are links throughout all the site to websites that contain the original photos (and more). Big thanks to Caroline Black and Ross Hardy, who have both been instrumental in helping with chunks of this site.
Don't forget to check out Sophie's official site at: www.sophiedahl.com
Also have a look at her BBC Recipes page at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/chefs/sophie_dahl
And her Twitter page at: http://twitter.com/sophiedahl
Any comments, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or to email me via a simple click of the mouse, there is a website hyperlink you can use on the "Microsites" page, found by clicking the "2009" button.
(C) Jason Shergold 2003-2018
OK, so here's how it works. If you click on any of the 'older' years you see due right, this will take you to either the Microsites page, or one of the five parts of information and photos that make up the Sophie-ography. The list below gives more detail about what you will get to see, dependent on what link you pick.
2008 - Sophie-ography Part 1:
1. Sophie’s Books [Details of the first three books, plus other Sophie-featuring publications]
2. Other Books featuring Sophie [A selection of books, starring Miss Dahl]
3. More Books featuring Sophie [Some more random selections]
4. The Pirelli Calendar [Info about Sophie’s 1999 and 2003 appearances]
5. Exhibitions [Detail on some of Sophie’s appearances in the art galleries from 1997 to 2010]
6. Movies (and more) [The brief celluloid career]
7. Music Videos [Info about the MTV Years, 1997-1998]
8. Mag-ography: 1997 to 2001 [A comprehensive list of exclusive magazine photos, with images]
9. Mag-ography 2: 2002 to 2011 [More of the same]
10. Pic-ography 1-3 [Another comprehensive list, this time a text based selection of other magazines]
11. Pic-ography 4 [Lists, oddities, and a few other bits and pieces]
12. Paper-ography [Newspaper appearance details]
13. TV and other Video footage - plus more! [Info on other visual, and audio, treats]
14. Feature: Autographs [Sophie signings]
15. Sophie’s Book Tour, 2007 [A quick look at the promo campaign for the debut novel]
16. A quick Sophie bio [Especially for those of you who only know her from the cookbooks]
17. Sophie Links [Some working, some now probably defunct, links to a few places around the web]
18. Feature: Imitation Of Christ [Info about some of Sophie’s more surreal catwalk work]
19. Feature: Memorabilia [A random look at tickets, carriers bags, boots and more]
20. Feature: Sophie’s Charitable Activities [Sophie does her bit]
2009 - The Microsites:
21. The Sophie Dahl Magazine Covers Pages [Every known Sophie cover, detailed and photographed] *
22. The Sophie Dahl Ad Campaign Pages [An overview of “The Modelling Years”, 1997-2009]
23. Sophie’s Diary [Pretty much most of what this lady has been up to since 1996 - with pictures] *
2011 - Sophie-ography Part 2:
24. Paper-ography 2 [Continuation of Paper-ography, 2011 onwards] *
25. Pic-ography 5 [Continuation of Pic-ography 1-3, 2011 onwards] *
26. Sophie’s Books 2 [From Season To Season, and other stuff]
27. Mag-ography 3: Spring 2011 onwards [Continuation of Mag-ography 2]
28. Sophie Overseas [Books and DVDs from outside the UK, including the “Delicious Miss Dahl” DVD]
29. The Gallery [Lots of eye watering photos, just for fun, with a few bonus pix]
2012 - Sophie-ography Part 3:
30. Sophie’s Books 3 [Odds and Sods, continuation of Sophie’s Books 2]
31. Mag-ography 4: April 2012 and beyond [Continuation of Mag-ography 3] *
32. The Gallery 2 [More photos of Mrs Glamourpuss]
2013 - Sophie-ography Part 4:
33. Why Sophie Dahl? [An attempt to explain how I ended up doing this]
34. Feature: Miss Foodie [How did a Supermodel become the female Jamie Oliver?]
35. Feature: Sophie at the Costume Institute Galas [What Sophie got up to in the NYC Years]
36. The Gallery 3 [Another excuse to show some jaw-dropping piccies]
37. The Gallery 4 [And another] *
2014 - Sophie-ography Part 5:
38. Sophie’s Books 4 - and more! [Continuation of Sophie’s Books 3] *
39. Feature: That Opium Ad [THE iconic advert revisited]
40. Technical Stuff [How it all works, or doesn’t]
The asterisks you can see alongside some of the entries relate to a page that has the potential to be expanded/edited, and several of these pages are indeed updated whenever need be - some more than others. The news page will usually mention when a major update has occurred. Hey, and don't forget Sophie's Instagram page either - https://instagram.com/mssophiedahl - which mostly has stuff you won't see replicated here.